Looking to improve your skin’s appearance this 2022?
Does the amount of skincare products confuses you and don’t know where to start?
I get you. Skincare may seem challenging.
Don’t fret. In this post I’ll reveal the exact order of a natural skincare routine. And the good news is, you don’t have to spend a fortune to have a glowing skin!
The tips you’ll find here are affordable, effective and easy to follow. The key is to be consistent.
Complement these tips with my Ultimate Skincare Routine Guide (FREE download).
What’s the Exact Order of a Natural Skincare Routine?
1. Every morning wash, Tone, moisturize and protect your skin
• Clean your face using a fragrance-free neutral soap or a gentle cleanser.
• Use a face toner to restore your skin’s pH after cleansing. You can buy one at the pharmacy, or you can make this easy rose water toner or this star anise face toner.
• Moisturize your face. I recommend using a natural oil like Rosehip (for face, neck and lips), jojoba (very moisturizing for the face, body, hands and feet) or almond.
• Protect your skin from the sun damage all year round—during the summer, spring, fall, and winter. Apply a gentle sunscreen lotion, wear a hat, UV-blocking sunglasses, and avoid direct sun exposure.
2. Every evening, remove your makeup, cleanse, Tone And Moisturize
• Remove your makeup to help your skin avoid dryness, slow down the signs of aging, and prevent skin infections like acne. See how to remove makeup with oil.
• Cleanse your face with a fragrance-free soap or with a gentle cleanser.
• Use a toner to restore your skin’s pH. Try this homemade rose water toner.
• Moisturize your skin if you feel it dry. Apply your favourite moisturizer or some natural oil (Rosehip, jojoba, or almond).
3. Once or twice a week exfoliate your face and neck.
Exfoliating your skin will help to remove dead cells and stimullate the growth of new ones. This will help to even out your skin tone, unclog pores and make your face look radiant! You can use a store-bought exfoliator that suits your skin type or make a homemade oatmeal scrub for sensitive skin (coming soon).
4. Once a week apply a face mask to hydrate, and brighten your skin.
There are easy and affordable face masks you can make at home.
• OILY SKIN: Almonds, banana, oatmeal and White wine face masks.
• ALL SKIN TYPES: Melon, peach face mask.
• DRY SKIN: Avocado face mask.
• SENSITIVE SKIN: Rice flour face mask.
5. Practise daily healthy habits
• Hydrate your body. Take from 4 to 6 glasses of water every day.
• Eat healthy. Include healthy foods in your diet. Choose those with vitamin C, proteins, antioxidants and natural fatty oils.
• Get enough sleep to help your skin regenerate its cells and look refreshed.
• Exercise. This will stimulate your blood circulation, eliminate toxins and facilitate the transportation of nutrients to your skin cells. As a result, your skin tone will appear even and your face look radiant.
The Secret to a Beautiful Skin
As you can see, the secret to a healthy and glowing skin is the way you care for it daily and the lifestyle habits you practice every day.
Let’s recap the correct order of a skincare routine:
- Wash your face, apply a toner, moisturize and apply sunscreen at morning (daily).
- Remove your makeup, wash your face, apply a toner and moisturize before bedtime (daily).
- Exfoliate your face and neck (once or twice a week).
- Apply a face mask to nourish your skin (once a week).
- Practice healthy habits like sleeping enough, eating healthy, exercising (daily).
Thank you so much for reading,
P.S. If you enjoyed these tips, subscribe to receive the Ultimate Guide for a Natural Skincare Routine (FREE download).