Looking for a natural remedy to tone your face and get rid of wrinkles?
Then you’re in the right place. In this post I’ll tell you how to make a face toner with star anise, in 5 steps.
An ultra-easy beauty secret to give your skin a youthful appearance and a healthy glow!
Plus, I’ll tell you what star anise is, its benefits for skin and health.
Let’s do this!
SAFETY TIP >> Before applying any homemade remedy on your skin, test it on a small area of your arm to make sure there’s no allergic reaction. If there’s one, don’t use it.
How to Make a Face Toner With Star Anise
- Boil 1 cup of water.
- Immediately after boiling, pour it onto a clean cup with 5 to 7 stars anise.
- Cover the cup with a plate and let the tea steep for 3 hours.
- Strain your tea.
- Soak a cotton pad with this tea, and clean your face and neck with it -once or twice.
Your face will be ready for a nice make up, to sleep, or simply to enjoy the cleanliness!
For how long can I Keep This toner?
First, put your star anise toner in a clean airtight container. Then, keep it either in the fridge for up to 2 weeks, or for 3 to 4 days at room temperature.
After this time discard it.
Benefits for your skin
Nowadays star anise is making an impact in the natural skincare world. It’s been dubbed as “the new natural Botox” for its anti-ageing properties.
That said, by regularly using this DIY face toner, you can:
- gradually get rid of fine lines and wrinkles;
- treat acne and other skin infections;
- cleanse pores (remove blackheads and pimples);
- brighten your skin tone; and
- give your skin a youthful appearance!
You’ll also love: How to Care for Your Skin Naturally in Winter
What Is Star Anise?
It’s a spice made from the fruit of the Chinese tree Illicium Verum. Because of how their seed pods are beautifully arranged in the shape of a star, it was named so.
It has a licorice flavor and anise aroma, even though it’s not related to these spices.
Star anise is very popular for its culinary uses, but also for its health benefits.
Let’s take a look!
What are the Benefits of Star Anise?
For centuries, star anise has been used in traditional Chinese medicine. And although more research is needed, it may help to:
- ease common digestive issues (nausea, constipation, gastritis);
- relief menstrual pain;
- relief a bloated stomach;
- boost heart health and more.
Even though star anise is a safe spice for most people, there are a couple of things you should be aware of:
- First, if you suffer from a skin condition and want to use it as a beauty remedy, ask a doctor first. Same thing applies if you want to use it for medical treatment.
- Second, make sure you use the Chinese variety of star anise and not the Japanese one. This confusion may lead to accidental intoxication. Source: Healthline.
Enjoy the Magic of Star Anise
Now that you know how to make a face toner with star anise, it’s your turn to use it for a youthful skin.
Moreover, you can make with it a comforting tea to beat the winter blues. ☕
P.S. Want to improve your skin’s appearance, but don’t know where to start? Learn here The Exact Steps of a Natural Skincare Routine.
Save this image on Pinterest! 📌